• AM Lingua Agata Marczak

What translation do I need?CERTIFIED OR STANDARD?

Updated: Mar 23, 2020

In the absence of sworn translation in Great Britain, Certified translation is used for any official documents that will be used in the UK such as:

· Birth, marriage, and death certificates

· Medical reports

· Legal documents for court

· Academic documents

· Certificate of qualifications

· Criminal Record Checks

The translator provides a signed statement declaring that the translation that has been done is an accurate and true representation of the original document.

Standard translation is usually required for :

· Agreements and contracts

· Leaflets

· Confirmation of payment, employment

· Correspondence

· CV and cover letters

· Websites

What about Notarized translation?

If you’re in need of a notarised translation, you will need an extra level of certification on top of the standard certification. In this case a notary will be required to witness the signing of the letter and add their seal to the document for an additional fee.

Notarised translations are often needed for legal and court documents, but there are some other occasions you may need one. If in doubt, it’s best to check with the official or legal body that has asked you for the translation to find out what is required.

#translation #certified #notarisedtranslation #sworntransaltion

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All